The Huy D. Huynh Hall of Fame recognizes outstanding leaders who have devoted themselves to representing and advancing the APIDA (Asian Pacific Islander Desi American) community at the University of Florida and beyond. The hall of fame highlights the recipient’s legacies at the University from their contributions of positive change across our campus to their personal growth and development. Recipients will be honored during the Asian Excellence Graduation Ceremony & Huy D. Huynh Hall of Fame.
The Huy D. Huynh Hall of Fame is named in memory and honor of Dr. Huy D. Huynh. During his time at the University, Huy was a trailblazing leader who was heavily involved with every facet of student life. He held high office in Student Government, served as a Presidential Host with the Florida Cicerones, was inducted into Florida’s Hall of Fame, was the first Vietnamese American tapped into Florida Blue Key, served in various roles within the Asian American Student Union as well as the Filipino Student Association, and was a founding brother of the Sigma Chapter of Pi Delta Psi Fraternity, Inc. – the first Asian American Fraternity in the State of Florida.
Dr. Huy D. Huynh passed away in 2017 after living with brain cancer for 24 months. He graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Nutrition (‘07), a Master’s degree in Food Science (‘09), and a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree (‘13).
APPLICATIONS FOR THE HUY D. HUYNH HALL OF FAME DEADLINE MONDAY, APRIL 27, 2020 11:59PM EST. Proceed to “Nomination and Guidelines” for nomination form.
Incomplete or late applications and not in compliance with items above, will not be forwarded to the Selection Committee for review.
For any questions or concerns about The Huy D. Huynh Hall of Fame, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only three recipients will be recognized and inducted into the hall of fame per academic year.
- 1 undergraduate student, 1 graduate/professional student, and 1 faculty/staff
- Recipients will have their names engraved on a plaque which will be housed in the APIA Affairs Office in the MCDA Suite of the Reitz Union
All nominations must be submitted by current registered students, faculty, or staff of the University of Florida. Self-nominations are accepted.
This award recognizes an undergraduate and a graduate/professional student of the University of Florida through their involvement on and off campus and their academic matriculation. These students exemplify leadership through their commitment to inclusive excellence of developing not only themselves but for the Gator Nation.
- Nominated students must be any registered undergraduate, graduate, or professional student.
- All nominated undergraduate students must have a minimum GPA of a 3.0.
- All nominated students in the College of Law, Medicine, Dentistry, or Veterinary Medicine must have a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA.
- All nominated graduate students must have a minimum graduate cumulative 3.25 GPA.
- All nominated students must be free of conduct probation or pending conduct hearing.
Faculty / Staff
This award recognizes a University of Florida faculty or staff member that has provided outstanding leadership to enrich the intellectual vitality of our campus and the broader community. We are seeking to recognize an individual who demonstrates leadership and inspires others to commit to creating a more diverse and inclusive community at University.
- All nominated faculty / staff must have a minimum one year employment at UF
Nominations must have a 250 word minimum and no word maximum.
- What are the reasons for the nomination and why.